The SUMMIT Trial website Agreement
You are asked to review and accept the terms of this agreement before you proceed to The SUMMIT Trial website.
The SUMMIT Trial website Content
- The SUMMIT Trial website owned by Sinai Health provides SUMMIT related general information about the SUMMIT trial.
- All of the content on the SUMMIT website is provided for informational purposes only. Neither Sinai Health, nor any third party posting or uploading information on the SUMMIT website, is providing medical or psychiatric advice on the SUMMIT website. The presentation of general information on the SUMMIT website does not establish a clinician-patient (or clinician-client) relationship between you and Sinai Health (or any of its physicians or clinicians) and is not intended as an invitation to individuals to become patients or clients of Sinai Health (or any of its physicians or clinicians).
- The information provided on the SUMMIT website is not a substitute for professional medical or psychiatric advice, diagnosis or treatment. Before acting or relying on the information for your situation (and/or the person(s) for whom you provide care), please consult a physician, regulated health professional or emergency department in your area. The use of information appearing on, or provided in relation to, the SUMMIT website is at your own risk.
- In the preparation of the SUMMIT website, efforts have been made to offer the most current and correct general information possible. Nevertheless, errors or omissions may occur, and the SUMMIT website should not be thought of as a comprehensive source on a particular topic. Sinai Health assumes no any responsibility for any such errors or omissions, and will not be liable for damages of any kind in connection with the use of this information. Sinai Health also reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
- This Agreement will be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable in that Province, excluding any conflicts of law rules that would apply a different body of law, and any dispute that cannot be resolved between the parties will be resolved by the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
- While efforts are made to ensure that this SUMMIT website operates reliably, Sinai Health does not make any promises regarding the condition or functionality of the SUMMIT website or that the service it provides will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- By using this SUMMIT website, you assume all risks associated with its use, including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via SUMMIT website.
- Questions or comments regarding the SUMMIT website should be directed by email to [email protected]
Sinai Health provides this site as a public service. The privacy considerations for website visitors are summarized below.
Information About Your Website Visit
- Internet address and domain from which you visited the SUMMIT website
- Information about the operating system and browser used
- Date and time of the visit
- Pages visited
- Internet address of the Web site that connected you to the SUMMIT website
- Words searched
This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and improve organization, coverage, system performance or problem areas. On occasion SUMMIT website may use aggregated information for the purposes of research analysis. Aggregate data cannot be linked back to an individual user.
Sinai Health does not receive funding for website advertising. External resources (sites to which we provide a link) may contain advertising. However, this has no influence on the content of our site and we do not receive revenue from these sources.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
If you choose to use any of the features of the SUMMIT website which allow you to post or upload material, do not include personally identifiable information, such as your name or contact information. If you choose to disclose personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk. We do not give, share, sell, or transfer any personally identifiable information to a third party unless required by law.
Sinai Health regularly reviews our privacy practices for our various activities, and updates our policies. Information on our website is updated regularly.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]